Tuesday 9 September 2014

'I lost half a stone by eating 3,300 calories a day!' Tumble's Amelle reveals secrets to her amazing abs

EXCLUSIVE: 'I lost half a stone by eating 3,300 calories a day!' Tumble's Amelle reveals secrets to her amazing abs but admits she's not happy with weight loss

Every Saturday night since the beginning of August, former Sugarbabes singer Amelle Berrabah has impressed viewers with her smooth moves on BBC One’s latest reality serving Tumble, which sees ten daring celebrities try their hand at gymnastics.
Despite being an amateur gymnast, Amelle has been a natural from the start and made it all the way to the show’s final rounds.
And her hard work is clearly paying off with the 30-year-old admitting she has shed half a stone thanks to hard training and increasing her calorie intake to 3,300 a day.
Scroll down for video  
Amazing figure: Tumble's Amelle Berrabah has shed  half a stone by increasing her calorie intake to 3,300 a day and training hard

Amazing figure: Tumble's Amelle Berrabah has shed half a stone by increasing her calorie intake to 3,300 a day and training hard


The stunning star explained exclusively to the MailOnline she’s upped her meals in order to compensate for the intense amount of training she’s undertaking for the show, however she’s not entirely happy with her recent weight loss.
‘I've lost about half a stone by eating 3,300 calories a day! I feel a lot tighter as well. I'm still eating very healthily,’ she said.
Adding: ‘I'm having more than enough food but that's all combined with the vigorous training. I'm training for seven or eight hours a day.’ 

Fierce: Amelle Berrabah showed off her svelte figure when she delivered a stunning carnival-inspired performance on Saturday night's episode 
Fierce: Amelle Berrabah showed off her svelte figure when she delivered a stunning carnival-inspired performance on Saturday night's episode 
‘When you're training that much, you have to just keep eating otherwise you will just really float away. You have to make sure you eat so you have enough energy for each training session.’
Indeed there’s no denying Amelle has been cutting an incredibly toned and trim figure of late, with the singer revealing she’s slimmed down from nine stone to just over eight and a half stone.
‘I used to be nine stone, people think that's quite big because I'm so small but hey that's what I weighed. In fact that's my perfect weight,’ the brunette beauty revealed.
Working hard: ¿I've lost about half a stone by eating 3,300 calories a day! I feel a lot tighter as well. I'm still eating very healthily'
Working hard: ‘I've lost about half a stone by eating 3,300 calories a day! I feel a lot tighter as well. I'm still eating very healthily'
‘But I'm just over eight and a half stone at the moment. I’m sure I will put the weight back on as soon as this finishes because that is my ideal weight.’
‘I've had a warning off Doug [Amelle’s pro partner in the show] as well because he says if I carry on eating the way that I am now once I stop training, I'm going to pile it on. So once I put that half a stone on, I'm going to have to be careful.’
However, she is still adjusting to her recent weight loss. ‘I just prefer being nine stone to what I am now but what can you do,’ Amelle explained.
Not content: ¿I just prefer being nine stone to what I am now but what can you do,¿ Amelle explained
Not content: ‘I just prefer being nine stone to what I am now but what can you do,’ Amelle explained
As for her diet she swears by ‘a hell of a lot of eggs’, carbs and even chocolate.
‘For breakfast, I love beans and egg on toast. I have to always have carbs in my diet. I don't agree with cutting them out. I'm Moroccan so I have carbs with pretty much everything,’ she told.
‘For lunch, I'll have chicken, vegetables and chips. I'll have a couple of chocolate bars a day too and a couple of protein chocolate bars.’
‘I'll have crisps too with a huge meal for dinner and then a snack before bed. And all of that's not including protein shakes which are around 200 calories per shake. I literally eat every couple of hours,' the singer mused. 
Diet secrets: 'I'll have chicken, vegetables and a couple of protein chocolate bars'
Diet secrets: 'I'll have chicken, vegetables and a couple of protein chocolate bars'
Luckily she's made a speedy recovery on her recent ankle injury. 'My ankle is doing a lot better. But I still have to have it strapped every single day.'
Amelle initially said it would be disfigured for life, but confessed she was being a bit over the top when she said that. 
'[My ankle] has gone hard now so I think it's going to stay like that. It's nothing too major, though. I think I was being quite dramatic when I said I'd be disfigured for life.' 
'It doesn't bother me because it doesn't affect my movement and I can still do whatever I want to do.' 
Gym bunny! 'I think I'm going to continue the body conditioning because my body has never been in such good condition'
Gym bunny! 'I think I'm going to continue the body conditioning because my body has never been in such good condition'
A solid start... 'I¿m really happy. I really enjoyed it to be honest,' she said after her first performance in week one
A solid start... 'I’m really happy. I really enjoyed it to be honest,' she said after her first performance in week one
'The first thing I said straight afterwards [I hurt myself] with tears streaming down my face was "Does this mean I can't do the show?" I was worried I couldn't continue. But as soon as they realised it wasn't broken, I was fine.'
Looking back on her Tumble journey, injuries and all, she has no regrets. 
'I was so happy I could continue with the show because I've been having the time of my life.'
Whether or not she takes home the Tumble crown, the popstar said she will still embrace the gymnastic disciplines she’s picked up.
‘I think I'm going to continue the body conditioning because my body has never been in such good condition,’ Amelle admitted.
Making a speedy recovery! '[My ankle] has gone hard now so I think it's going to stay like that. It's nothing too major' 
Making a speedy recovery! '[My ankle] has gone hard now so I think it's going to stay like that. It's nothing too major' 



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2747852/Tumbles-Amelle-Berrabah-reveals-secrets-abs-admits-shes-not-happy-weight-loss.html#ixzz3ClPrJnmo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment