Tuesday 3 January 2012

Heidi Range 5/1 odds to Win Dancing on Ice

Battle of the blondes! Heidi Range, Jennifer Ellison and Jorgie Porter lead the way as 15 celebrities get their skates on for the new series of Dancing On Ice


By Sarah Bull

Last updated at 3:51 AM on 3rd January 2012


Jennifer Ellison, Heidi Range and Jorgie Porter are leading the way for the new crop of celebrities ready to get their skates on for the upcoming series of Dancing On Ice.

The trio are among the 15 famous faces set to take part in the new series of the ITV talent show, which starts on the channel on Sunday, January 8.

And it seems to be something of a battle of the blondes in the upcoming show, with not a brunette to be found among the seven female celebrities taking to the rink.


Battle of the blondes: Jennifer Ellison and Heidi Range are among the celebrities set to take part in the upcoming new series of Dancing On Ice
Battle of the blondes: Jennifer Ellison and Heidi Range are among the celebrities set to take part in the upcoming new series of Dancing On Ice
Battle of the blondes: Jennifer Ellison and Heidi Range are among the celebrities set to take part in the upcoming new series of Dancing On Ice

True blue: Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter, British alpine ski racer Chemmy Alcott and former Dallas actress Charlene Tilton are also taking part
True blue: Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter, British alpine ski racer Chemmy Alcott and former Dallas actress Charlene Tilton are also taking part
True blue: Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter, British alpine ski racer Chemmy Alcott and former Dallas actress Charlene Tilton are also taking part



True blue: Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter, British alpine ski racer Chemmy Alcott and former Dallas actress Charlene Tilton are also taking part



The stars will be performing routines choreographed by their partners with the help of mentors Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean when the series starts, and taking part in the difficult dances is already having an effect on the competitors.

Apparently, the 15 celebrities have already lost an astonishing 18 stone between them, before the new series has even started!

Talking about rehearsing for the show, newly-single Sugababes singer Heidi Range said: 'I’ve found that to help with the skating its good to work on your core. For a number of the moves, you have to hold yourself from the stomach. Your stomach muscles have to be strong. I've got aches in random areas that I never knew I'd have an ache in.

'I’m still going to the gym. I went after my first costume fitting I thought "you're in lycra on HD TV"! Since training for Dancing On Ice I have noticed my body changing shape slightly. My legs and my bottom seem more toned which is good!'


Doing it for the older women: Rosemary Conley, 64, and EastEnders actress Laila Morse, 66, are among the oldest taking part in the new series
Doing it for the older women: Rosemary Conley, 64, and EastEnders actress Laila Morse, 66, are among the oldest taking part in the new series
Doing it for the older women: Rosemary Conley, 64, and EastEnders actress Laila Morse, 66, are among the oldest taking part in the new series



And Jennifer Ellison, who has recently lost five stone, said she had decided to take part in the programme in a bid to further her diet and exercise regime.

She said: 'I used to be very sporty but since having a baby that's kind of all gone and I haven't really been to the gym for a long time. I'm literally starting from scratch, fitness wise.

'I have put myself on a diet and I'm going to go to the gym. It's a big massive thing personally for me, it's not just about doing a show.'

Hollyoaks actress Jorgie added: 'I think I did lose a little bit of weight when I first started and I’ve started to notice my bottom, legs and thighs are toned!'


Screen stars: Former child star Corey Feldman and ex Emmerdale actor Matthew Wolfenden are donning spandex and sequins for their routines
Screen stars: Former child star Corey Feldman and ex Emmerdale actor Matthew Wolfenden are donning spandex and sequins for their routines
Screen stars: Former child star Corey Feldman and ex Emmerdale actor Matthew Wolfenden are donning Spandex and sequins for their routines



Green with envy: Coronation Street actor Andy Whyment, one hit wonder Chesney Hawkes and children's TV presenter Mark Rhodes will be strutting their stuff
Green with envy: Coronation Street actor Andy Whyment, one hit wonder Chesney Hawkes and children's TV presenter Mark Rhodes will be strutting their stuff
Green with envy: Coronation Street actor Andy Whyment, one hit wonder Chesney Hawkes and children's TV presenter Mark Rhodes will be strutting their stuff



Green with envy: Coronation Street actor Andy Whyment, one hit wonder Chesney Hawkes and children's TV presenter Mark Rhodes will be strutting their stuff

One person who is no stranger to the fitness positives of ice skating is 64-year-old diet and fitness guru Rosemary Conley, who said the skating routines have improved her flexibility greatly.

She said: 'To be honest I’m not suffering with any aches and pains. I always do my stretches afterwards and we always warm up carefully and Mark is very thorough with his tuition and his discipline, how to look after us and so on. I just want to get to January in one piece!'

The other female celebrities taking part in the new series include EastEnders actress Laila Morse, who is the oldest star in the competition this series, alpine ski racer Chemmy Alcott and former Dallas star Charlene Tilton.


Getting their skates on: Former Blue Peter host Andy Akinwolere, children's TV presenter Sam Nixon and free runner Sébastien Foucan
Getting their skates on: Former Blue Peter host Andy Akinwolere, children's TV presenter Sam Nixon and free runner Sébastien Foucan
Getting their skates on: Former Blue Peter host Andy Akinwolere, children's TV presenter Sam Nixon and free runner Sébastien Foucan



Getting their skates on: Former Blue Peter host Andy Akinwolere, children's TV presenter Sam Nixon and free runner Sébastien Foucan

But it's not only women who will be strutting their stuff on the rink in front of judges Robin Cousins, Louie Spence and Katarina Witt.

For the boys, are celebrities such as former child actor Corey Feldman, one hit wonder Chesney Hawkes and former Emmerdale actor Matthew Wolfenden.

Talking about taking part in the show, Corey, who made his name in movies such as The Goonies, said: 'I have no fear when it comes to confrontation being direct, being honest, upfront but when it comes to like a paper cut I’ll cry all day!

'I have a very low thresh hold for pain I am a little but wimpy when it comes to that stuff. I really am scared of hurting myself.'


DANCING ON ICE LINEUP
Ready to rumble: (back row, from left) Coronation Street star Andy Whyment, Blue Peter presenter Andy Akinwolere, TV presenter Mark Rhodes, actor Corey Feldman, free runner Sebastien Foucan, TV presenter Sam Nixon, singer Chesney Hawkes and Emmerdale actor Matthew Wolfenden, (front row from left) Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter, actress Jennifer Ellison, British skier Chemmy Alcott, Sugababe Heidi Range, fitness guru Rosemary Conley, actress Laila Morse and Dallas star Charlene Tilton
Dancing queens: Jennifer, Jorgie and Rosemary show off their best moves ahead of the start of the new series on Sunday December 8th
Dancing queens: Jennifer, Jorgie and Rosemary show off their best moves ahead of the start of the new series on Sunday December 8th
Dancing queens: Jennifer, Jorgie and Rosemary show off their best moves ahead of the start of the new series on Sunday December 8th

Dancing queens: Jennifer, Jorgie and Rosemary show off their best moves ahead of the start of the new series on Sunday December 8



As with previous series of the show, there are soap stars a plenty taking part - with Wolfenden and Coronation Street's Andy Whyment leading the way.

And Andy said he is feeling pretty proud of himself when he thinks about what he has achieved so far during rehearsals.

He said: 'It's quite easy to stand up and skate around in a circle, I think most people can do that. It's when you start putting in movements, knowing what side of the blade to be on; I just find it really difficult.

'To be honest with you I'm quite proud of myself, because I wouldn't of thought I'd be doing half the stuff I'm doing now! The more you work on it, the better you'll get.'

Familiar faces... and one new one: Christine Bleakley will be co-hosting the show with Phillip Schofield while Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean are returning as mentors
Familiar faces... and one new one: Christine Bleakley will be co-hosting the show with Phillip Schofield while Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean are returning as mentors
Familiar faces... and one new one: Christine Bleakley will be co-hosting the show with Phillip Schofield while Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean are returning as mentors



The other male celebrities taking part are children's TV presenters Sam Nixon and Mark Rhodes, as well as former Blue Peter presenter Andy Akinwolere and free runner Sébastien Foucan.

Meanwhile, another new face for the upcoming series is Christine Bleakley, who will be joining Phillip Schofield to host the show.

And talking about hosting the programme, Christine said: 'I'm looking forward to absolutely every aspect. Working alongside the Ice King Phillip Schofield and the legends that are Torvill and Dean are obvious highlights, but the show is one of my favourites and I can't quite believe I'm going to be part of it.'

JENNIFER ELLISON

jennifer ellison
Age: 28

Profession: Actress

Dance partner: Daniel Whiston

What she's looking forward to the most: 'I am really looking forward to the costumes. I think that's one of the best parts about the show when you watch each week and you see somebody come out and you can see what they are wearing.
'I'm going to look like a human Girl’s World or Barbie Doll!'
What she's most scared about: 'I'm literally starting from scratch, fitness wise.
'I have put myself on a diet and I'm going to go to the gym. It's a big massive thing personally for me, it's not just about doing a show.'
Odds of winning: 7/2

HEIDI RANGE

ICE

Age: 28

Profession: Sugababes singer

Dance partner: Sylvain Longchambon

What she's looking forward to the most: 'I’ve found that to help with the skating its good to work on your core. For a number of the moves, you have to hold yourself from the stomach.
'I've got aches in random areas that I never knew I'd have an ache in!'
What she's most scared about: 'I'd like to stay in the show for as long as possible.
It would be such a shame to do all this training, do the first show and go home!'
Odds of winning: 5/1

JORGIE PORTER

ICE
Age: 23

Profession: Hollyoaks actress

Dance partner: Matt Evers

What she's looking forward to the most: 'I’m looking forward to the sequins, the make up and the hair!
'Also I’m enjoying learning a skill that I can do every Christmas. It's not like scuba diving where you have to go out there and find it, these rinks pop up everywhere!'
What she's most scared about: 'I worry about falling over on the live shows or getting the routine wrong, not being in time with the music or worst still, slapping Matt in the privates with my skates.
'It can happen!'
Odds of winning: 14/1

CHEMMY ALCOTT

ICE

Age: 29

Profession: British number one alpine ski racer

Dance partner: Sean Rice

What she's looking forward to the most: 'I love to dance, I'm very uninhibited. I'm one of these people who hit the clubs, dancing wildly, and you’re like "Good on her, let’s not copy it though." '
What she's most scared about: 'I saw Jennifer Ellison the other day and she just looks beautiful on the ice. After watching Jennifer I was like "my God, I need to work harder!"
Although I don't know how to work harder because I'm working as hard as I can go!'
Odds of winning: 6/1







ROSEMARY CONLEY

ICE

Age: 64

Profession: Diet and fitness guru

Dance partner: Mark Hanretty

What she's looking forward to the most: 'I just want to get to January in one piece. I've been on the ceiling with excitement since I started training.
'My husband has said he's never seen me so happy in the 28 years that we've been together!'
What she's most scared about: I’m dreading throwing up after I’ve done a spin on the ice! Last week we practiced the spin but when Mark put me back down on the ice, I couldn’t get up!
'When I got home, I couldn’t eat my dinner – it took me four hours recover!
Odds of winning: 20/1

CHARLENE TILTON

ICE

Age: 52

Profession: Former Dallas star

Dance partner: Matt Gonzalez

What she's looking forward to the most: 'I'm just really excited to meet the rest of the cast. When you are in a situation like this you make friends for life.
'It's such an intense experience. I'm also looking forward to surprising some people with what I can do. When you get to my age, it just comes to show what you can do.'

What she's most scared about: 'I do have to toughen up I don't like the cold and I'm a big sissy! I'm not a physical, athletic person at all, so this is really out of my comfort zone.'
Odds of winning: 33/1

LAILA MORSE

laila morse
Age: 66

Profession: EastEnders actress

Dance partner: Lukasz Rozycki

What he's looking forward to the most: 'I'm looking forward to being apart of the whole show and especially meeting the other celebrities. I’ve already bumped into Heidi Range from the Sugababes and Andy Whyment from Corrie and we were all chatting about our training.'
What he's most scared about: 'My only worry is if I make mistakes, fall over or trip up.
'But I’m not thinking about that I'm just going to try and enjoy it. Skating is a lot harder; the professionals make it look so easy!”
Odds of winning: 50/1

CHESNEY HAWKES

ICE

Age: 40

Profession: One-hit wonder

Dance partner: Jodeyne Higgins

What he's looking forward to the most: 'I guess the thing I'm most looking forward to is having my kids there. I'm really excited to see their little faces watching daddy in spandex!
What he's most scared about:I guess I’m dreading doing a "Todd Carty" really and not being ready technically. I just want to be comfortable and being able to do the steps second nature.
'It's when you think too much is when it all goes wrong.'
Odds of winning: 20/1
 

COREY FELDMAN

ICE

Age: 40

Profession: Former child star

Dance partner: Brooke Castile

What he's looking forward to the most: 'I’m excited, I’m looking forward to the opportunity and the challenge. I want to make sure I do a good job and I don’t screw up. I think the key for me is not too be too over confident and not to expect too much out of myself and just take it slow. '
What he's most scared about: 'Rhythm and I we’re together but when it comes to being on ice that’s the challenging part. Ice is a very tricky thing and I have had a skiing accident once where I broke my scapular and slipped two discs so I know that it’s a very fragile thing.'
Odds of winning: 14/1

ANDY AKINWOLERE

ANDY
Age: 29

Profession: Blue Peter presenter

Dance partner: Maria Filippov

What he's looking forward to the most: 'I just want to try stuff that takes me out of my comfort zone, I really want to put on a good show for people and hope that they can see the progress I’ve have made.'
What he's most scared about: 'I’m not sure I’m ready for spandex and lycra! I’m a bit worried about my bottom sticking out in lycra! I don’t usually think about these things but the other day I was like, "you’ve actually got quite a big bottom", but we’ll see; this is a whole different kettle of fish, we’re talking sparkles and sequins!'
Odds of winning: 7/1

MATTHEW WOLFENDEN

MATTHEW WOLFENDEN
Age: 30

Profession: Former Emmerdale actor
Dance partner: Nina Ulanova

What he's looking forward to the most: 'I'm looking forward to the outfits! I'm going to be proper blinged up.
'The lads down the pub will take the mickey but they all want tickets.'
What he's most scared about: 'We've been working a lot on jumps and I’m hoping, if I’m lucky enough to stay in that I will be able to attempt an axel at some point in the competition.
'I’m a bit nervous about trying the head banger it looks ridiculously scary, not necessarily for me but for my skating partner, Nina.'
Odds of winning: 6/1

ANDY WHYMENT

andy whyment
Age: 30

Profession: Coronation Street star
Dance partner: Vicky Ogden
What he's looking forward to the most: 'I'm looking forward to the whole thing. It's made me quite proud of myself. I remember watching the series last year with Steven Arnold and thinking 'they're all mad!', then this year I'm doing it!'
What he's most scared about: 'We tried a new lift today, and as soon as I lifted my skating partner, I landed straight onto my bottom! It wasn't a high one, she just put her legs around my waist but I had my weight too far forward as soon as she jumped, I tried to compensate for it and went flat on my back side. I'm not scared of falling. I'd be mortified but Vicky wouldn't ask me to do anything that she didn't think I could do.'
Odds of winning: 12/1

SAM NIXON

iceAge: 25

Profession: Children’s TV presenter

Dance partner: Alexandra Schauman


What he's looking forward to the most: 'I would love the thought of being able to leave the ice and do even just a little jump.
'But at the minute we've not practised jumps; I'm a million miles away from that. But the thought of me being able to do it excites me.'
What he's most scared about: 'Doing spins also terrifies me because I get so dizzy so quickly. I'm dreading the spins. Also I've got no idea what my face is going to look like because at the minute it's just full on concentration!'
Odds of winning: 10/1

MARK RHODES

ice Age: 30

Profession: Children’s TV presenter

Dance partner: Frankie


What he's looking forward to the most: I've lost about six pounds, it's amazing! The thing is you use muscles that you never ever thought you had and it's just so hard on those muscles that you've not used before.

What he's most scared about: 'Ice skating is the hardest sport I've ever tried and will ever try! But I've got so much respect for the professionals that make it look easy because it's one of the hardest disciplines that I've ever seen.'
Odds of winning: 10/1

SÈBASTIEN FOUCAN


ice
Age: 37


Profession: Freerunner

Dance partner: Brianne Delcourt


What he's looking forward to the most: 'I’m having a great experience in the learning process and I am looking forward to the performances and meeting all the other celebrities properly.'

What he's most scared about: 'I know its all part of the show and performance but I hope I will not look ridiculous in the costumes! I don’t want to leave the show too early either, so I could say I am dreading the time when we get voted off!'
Odds of winning: 12/1


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2081381/Dancing-On-Ice-2012-line-Heidi-Range-Jennifer-Ellison-Jorgie-Porter-lead-celebrities-new-series.html#ixzz1iNW3TpX9

No comments:

Post a Comment